Assignment: motion drawing
Identify and label actions/motions observed in day to day life that are interesting, notable, curious, satisfying, or disturbing.
With an open sketch book/ blank piece of paper/ electronic tablet and a writing device attempt to attentively record the motions. Look closely and record only what actually happens. Avoid looking at the canvass whenever possible. Let marks accumulate. Keep mind empty of judgement.
Possible additional parameters:
1. Set a timer and work continuously on one drawing until timer goes off.
2. Only record very fast gestures.
3. Only record very very slow gestures.
4. Do not lift drawing device off drawing surface.
5. Work very quickly.
6. Work very slowly.
2. Front stoop
3. Computer screen
4. Plant life (bushes/trees)
6. Beyond windows